Thursday, July 27, 2006

The "Manbag"


I bought myself a new shoulder bag from Mountain Equipment CO-OP a couple of weeks ago and am finally starting to feel comfortable with it. I moved away from the traditional soft briefcase to a much smaller one that my co-worker has called my "manbag", which didn't really help my comfort level any.

I wanted to downsize to something that would be big enough for my keys, bus tickets, a book, a backup tape and my mp3 player - and not much more. Otherwise what happens is that I keep stuffing it with more crap until I start to wonder why its so heavy and realize that almost everything I haven't been able to find for the last 6 months has actually been hanging off my shoulder !

It's somewhat stylish ( it's blue and grey, not the black that is pictured here) and most importantly it's really light. And now that I'm over the fact that its not a big purse - it's totally liberating. Ok, truthfully I'm still considering growing a mustache or getting a neck tattoo so people don't think I'm one of the Village People, but the bag is a keeper.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry guy, it's still a purse! :)
BF