Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Splashing in the kids pool

You'd be surprised how much fun an adult can have in the kids pool.

It was so hot last Saturday that I hopped into our kids 8'x4' pool with my 8 year old daughter. It started off just hanging out and relaxing which turned into snorkeling, then pseudo water polo and eventually escalated into running across the yard and diving over the inflated edge into 2' deep water.
In my mind my diving entry was as elegant as a penguin gliding off the ice into the water but I'm sure for anyone watching it probably looked more like the hippo splashing around at the zoo.

Two and a half hours later we were told it was time to get out for dinner which was met with a huge "awww...do we have to ??"

I'm not sure who had more fun, but what a great time we had !

No comments: