Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yoga


2007 has been the year of change for me and one of the new things this year has been Yoga.

The health club that I belong to ran an introductory class so I decided to sign up along with 2 of my co-workers. My friend Paul has been practicing yoga for years now and strongly encouraged us to give it a try.

The form that we are doing is called Hatha yoga, which focuses more on gentle poses, stretching and breathing which is different than Ashtanga or Power Yoga. At first we joked around and called it "Sissy Yoga" but quickly realized how difficult it can be. I'm certainly glad I didnt take Ashtanga because I dont think I would have enjoyed it.

Our instructor is great. She is certainly good for beginners as she talks us through the different poses and occassionally will come by to help correct your position if needed. She sets a very calm environment with lowered lights, soft music, candles and has a very soothing voice.

Our 10 week class has just ended and I can see a huge improvement in my core muscles and balance so when I heard they had decided to offer more classes I had to sign up while there was still space - as did the other 2 from my office.

Namste

1 comment:

BrydenBlog said...

Your chakra's rejoice.