Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thoughts in transit.


Its 10 PM and I'm just leaving work.

It’s been a good day. I'm lucky I work for such a great company and have co-workers I admire and respect.

Not like the selfish bastards I used to work for. I can't believe there are people out there like them.

I wish I'd have had a blog when I was there. I'd have posted some funny, yet disturbing stories. It would have been therapeutic.

The train is different at night. It makes me think. It makes me reflect on who I am and who I want to be.

Tonight the train is a sad place.

My train car is full of people who look like they've had a rough life.

They all look old and haggard from years of booze. Or at least it smells like it.

Many look like they've been ridden hard and put away wet, as my friend says.

Sometimes I wonder if I do enough for my community.

Sometimes I wonder if it would really make a difference or if I would be enabling them to be homeless, drunk, hopeless.

Are they hopeless ? I wonder if they feel hopeless ?

I bet if I poked that guy slouched over there he wouldn't feel anything, never mind feeling hopeless.

He looks dead. I hope he's not dead.

I feel uncomfortable now.

Ah, he's ok. Dead people don't burp.

I hope I'm downwind from him.

I bought the security guard in our building a Tim Horton’s coffee tonight. That's got to count for something.

Right ?

Just thinking out loud.

No comments: