Friday, June 06, 2008

No Talent Ass Clown

Last Friday I saw this guy on the train platform wearing a t-shirt that read "No Talent Ass Clown" and at the time I wasn’t sure if it was meant to address the reader or the wearer - but it made me laugh out loud.

On further investigation it appears that the origin of the saying was from the 1998 Movie "Office Space", which by the way is totally worth a rental, and was in reference to Michael Bolton - which makes it even funnier.

The scene from the movie played out like this :

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Too funny !

No comments: